Tour Code: 7572P3
Duration: 14 hours
Enjoy a day on this unique tour that is designed to give you the maximum amount of time at the Cliffs and the Burren, while showing you a lot of interesting places in Ireland at the same time. Explore the countryside starting at 7am with stops along the way to take in other spectacular sights. Admire the Cliffs of Moher both in person and through the interactive displays in the Visitor Center. All Entrance fees are included.
Your tour will depart Dublin for a full day to see some amazing sites and have photo opportunities along the way.
You will be treated to a visual panorama that includes the Aran Islands, the Maumturks and Twelve Bens mountain range.
1. In the morning, head to Galway where you will have a bit of time to explore this unique city on your own for around an hour.
2. Then join the Wild Atlantic way and follow the Wild Atlantic way until after you have visited the Cliffs. On this route you will see sights like Dunguaire Castle, Kinvara, Ballyvaughan, the 2000 year old Fort of Bally Alban, Poulnabrone Dolmen, and Kilfenora.
3. Your next stop will be a 15 minute stop at Corcomroe Abbey where you will have some time to admire this abbey ruin and stretch your legs.
4. A 20 to 30 minute stop at the Burren will be next. The landscape will leave you wondering if you are still in Ireland. During the time you get to take a few photos here you will have the opportunity to explore a landscape that is the best preserved "karst" landscape in the world. An area with Mediterranean, Arctic and Alpine plants side by side. Not only is this rocky landscape enough to make anyone with a camera look like a professional photographer. You might also have great views of the 12 Bens mountain range and the Aran Islands just a few miles off the coast
5. Your next stop will be the Cliffs of Moher. Where you will have around 2 hours to walk along the cliffs and take some stunning pictures and you will also have the opportunity to enjoy the interactive presentation in the Visitor Center at the Cliffs of Moher. Inside the visitor center you will have the opportunity to experience the "ledge experience" and learn about the local animals, plants, and geology, and have time to explore the Cliffs in person with a few spectacular walks.
6. You will then head back to Dublin by following the Wild Atlantic way all the way to Ennis.
7. Around half way to Dublin you will do a comfort stop in Moneygal at the Barack Obama Plaza. Not only will you have the opportunity to get Dinner for the drive back, but you will also be able to say you have seen the village where Barack Obama's Irish ancestors come from.
After that, it's back to Dublin.