Local Information: Co. Dublin
Tour Code: 2886PARTY
Duration: 3 hours
Welcome to the party! A traditional Irish house party is the perfect introduction to Dublin, with great entertainment and a warm and friendly atmosphere. You'll enjoy good food, local musicians, storytellers and Irish dancing on an evening out that's unlike any other you'll experience in Dublin.
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Irish House Party, The Lansdowne Hotel 27 Pembroke Road, Dublin 2 Ireland
The Irish House Party is Dublin’s unmissable Irish music and dance show. Now in its sixth successful year it is hosted by All Ireland champion musicians, dancers and entertaining presenters in an intimate and homely dinner theater setting.
No Irish house party is complete without a good meal beforehand and you will be served a delicious three-course Irish dinner. Once you have finished your meal, the music, singing and dancing begins.
The show is suitable for all ages, and families with children are welcome. You can take part in the entertainment as much as you like, or simply sit back in comfortable surroundings and enjoy a presentation about traditional music and dancing, traditional live music and a dancing session as well as storytelling. During the evening you will also have a chance to learn a song in the Irish language with a songbook, try some simple Irish dancing and potentially perform something yourself!
Your Seanchai (storyteller) will meet and greet you before the dinner and tell you the story behind some of our most famous traditional Irish foods, all of which you can experience as part of our dinner from a choice menu (see below).
Please note, this is a sample menu, and subject to change. The menu is a la carte and you can choose from the following options for each course.
• Traditional Colcannon Soup: Potato, onion and savoy cabbage soup with cream and fresh herbs
• Dublin Coddle: A steaming bowl of bacon, pork sausage, tomatoes, potato and onion finished with herbs
• Cashel Blue Salad: Dressed mixed leaves with croutons, tomatoes, walnuts and the famous cashel blue cheese
• Roast Herb Stuffed Fillet of Irish Chicken Wrapped in Bacon with a rosemary and red wine Jus
• Homemade Beef and Guinness Stew: Tender chunks of Beef slowly casseroled in a Guinness gravy with carrots, celery and potatoes
• Honey and Dill Glazed Fillet of Salmon served with lemon and caper butter
• Vegetarian Leek and Brie Parcel: Sauteed leeks, Brie and cranberries in a baked Filo pasty parcel
All of the above is served with a selection of potatoes and fresh vegetables
• Chocolate Cake with Bailey's filling
• Irish Coffee ice cream
Followed by Freshly Brewed Tea/Fine Roasted Coffee
Children can order from the Adults menu or Chicken Nuggets, Sausages, French Fries and Ice Cream available for younger children
Duration: 3 hours