A short distance south of Christchurch on the opposite side of High Street is the Tailors Hall which dates from 1706 and is the only remaining Guild Hall in Dublin. It was the meeting place of the Guild of Merchant Tailors from 1706 to 1841. It was also u sed as a meeting place by the Back Lane Parliament and the United Irishmen. It is now the headquarters of An Taisce - The National Trust for Ireland. Access to The Tailors Hall is by appointment only.