Click on an icon to see full details of that listing, or scroll down to view all listings.
Custom House Quay, Dublin 1, Ireland, D01 W6X0
No view of Dublins skyline is complete without a tableau of the Custom House, one of Dublins finest Georgian buildings.
Read more about Custom House | View Map of Area | Photos
Inchicore Rd, Kilmainham, Dublin 8, Ireland, D08 T2X5
Built in 1792 it is Irelands most famous disused prison. It held throughout the years many famous Nationalists and Republicans in members of the Society of United Irishmen (1798), Young Irelanders (c1840s), Fenians and Land agitators, Parnell, Davitt. Th
Read more about Kilmainham Gaol | View Map of Area | Photos
Palace Street, off Dame Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
Built between 1208 and 1220, this complex represents some of the oldest surviving architecture in the city, and was the centre of English power in Ireland for over seven centuries until it was taken of by the Irish Free State in 1922. Highlights include t
Read more about Dublin Castle | View Map of Area | Photos
29 Lower Fitzwilliam Street, Dublin 2, Ireland, D02 E932
Temporarily CLOSED. Situated in the heart of Dublins fashionable Georgian streets, this is a unique museum - a restored four-story town house that reflects the lifestyle of a Dublin middle-class family during the period 1790 to 1820.
Read more about Number Twenty Nine - Closed for Reconstruction | View Map of Area | Photos
Kildare St, Dublin 2, Ireland, D02 A272
The government obtained this building, originally built for the Duke of Leinster in 1745, in 1922 for parliamentary use and then bought the entire building two years later.
Read more about Leinster House - The Irish Parliament | View Map of Area | Photos
College Green, Dublin 2, Ireland, D02 VR66
The prestigious offices of Ireland's national bank began life as the first purpose-built parliament house in Europe. Completed in 1739 it served as Ireland's Parliament until the Act Of Union in 1801 which imposed direct rule on Ireland from London.
Read more about Bank of Ireland - Former Parliament House, College Green | View Map of Area
Dame St, Dublin 2, Ireland, D02 NP93
Dublin City Hall is a magnificent example of the Georgian architecture for which Dublin is world renowned. Originally used as a financial centre for the merchants of Dublin, today it is the focal point for the elected members of Dublin City Council.
Read more about Dublin City Hall - The Story of the Capital | View Map of Area | Photos
Malahide, Co. Dublin, Ireland, K36 C432
Set on 250 acres of park land in the pretty seaside town of Malahide, was both a fortress and a private home for nearly eight hundred years, and is an interesting hodge-podge of architectural styles.
Read more about Malahide Castle | View Map of Area
South William Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
The townhouse of a famous Georgian family. Today the building houses one of the cities nicest shopping centres. In the 1960's major restoration turned it into a centre of specialist galleries, antique shops, jewellery stalls, cafés and other shop units. T
Read more about Powerscourt Townhouse Centre | View Map of Area | Photos
St. Stephens Green West, Dublin 2, Ireland, D02 YN77
An imposing building dating back to 1806. The college itself was founded in 1784 to train surgeons, today provides extensive education and training in the healthcare professions.
Read more about Royal College of Surgeons | View Map of Area
Phoenix Park, Dublin 8, Ireland, D08 E1W3
This is the residence of the President of Ireland. Guided tours are available (one hour long) and include an introductory film at the Phoenix Park Visitor Centre, return transport to an tÁras, tour of the exhibition centre and main state reception rooms.
Read more about Aras An Uachtarain - The President's Residence | View Map of Area | Photos
College Green, Dublin 2, Ireland
Founded in 1592 by Queen Elizabeth. Trinity's lawns and cobbled quads provide a pleasant haven in the heart of the city. The Book of Kells is housed in the Old Library.
Read more about Trinity College Dublin | View Map of Area | Photos
Harbour Road, Howth, Dublin 13, Ireland
Constructed between 1807-09, and frequented by yachts and fishing-boats, was the scene of the gun-running incident of July 1914, but unfortunately only 900 rifles and 25,000 rounds of ammunition were landed here from Germany in Robert Erskine Childers ya
Read more about Howth Harbour
Dawson Street, Dublin 2, Ireland, D02 AF30
Dáil Éireann first met here on 21 January 1919, before moving to Leinster House. Today the building is used mostly for civic functions and receptions. This building is not open to the public.
Read more about Mansion House | View Map of Area
Clondalkin, Dublin 22, Ireland
A round tower, dating from the 6th century. Opposite is a graveyard with ruins of an old medieval church.
Read more about Clondalkin Round Tower
Church St, Dublin 7, Ireland, D07 FX92
This church was mostly rebuilt in 1686 on the site of an earlier 11th century church. However, the most interesting attractions are inside: carvings of violins, an organ which Handel may have played on, and caskets in the church's crypt.
Read more about St. Michan's Church | View Map of Area
Skerries, Co Dublin, Ireland, K34 K293
The Skerries Mills industrial and heritage centre and town park comprises a watermill, 5-sail windmill and 4-sail windmill with associated mill races, mill pond and wetlands.
Read more about Skerries Mills | View Map of Area
Henrietta St/Constitution Hill, Dublin 1, Ireland, D01 EK82
This classically proportioned public building was founded in 1795 as a place of residence and study for barristers. Designed by James Gandon, it was finally completed in 1817 after Francis Johnston added the graceful cupola.
Read more about Kings Inns
Donabate Co. Dublin, Ireland, K36 VR90
This fine Palladian style mansion is set on 350 acres of parkland, 12 miles north of Dublin city centre and boasts one of the finest Georgian interiors in Ireland - indeed the house appears more or less as it did 150 years ago.
Read more about Newbridge House and Farm | View Map of Area
Rathfarnham, Dublin 14, Ireland, D14 K3T6
The date of the foundation of the Castle is uncertain, but recent research would suggest 1583 as the most likely date. The Castle has a colourful and interesting history with 18th century interiors by Sir William Chambers and James Athenian Stuart and was
Read more about Rathfarnham Castle | View Map of Area
O'Connell Street, Dublin 1, Ireland, D01 F5P2
Built in 1818 halfway along O'Connell Street (formerly Sackville street), the GPO (right) became a symbol of the 1916 Easter Rising. Members of the Irish Volunteers and Irish Citizen Army seized the building on Easter Monday and Patrick Pearse read out th
Read more about General Post Office (GPO) | View Map of Area | Photos
Long Mile Road, Drimnagh, Dublin 12, Ireland
Drimnagh Castle was, until 1954, one of the oldest continually inhabited Castles in Ireland, and is an outstanding example of an old feudal stronghold. It is the only Irish castle still to be surrounded by a flooded moat.
Read more about Drimnagh Castle | View Map of Area | Photos
Four Courts, Arran Quay, Dublin 1, Ireland
The home of the Irish law courts since 1796, this fine 18th century building overlooks the north bank of the River Liffey on the west side of Dublin.
Read more about The Four Courts | View Map of Area | Photos
Great Dominick St, Dublin 1, Ireland
A building of note, built in 1775 and contains many exquisite fireplaces and plasterwork.
Read more about Belvedere House