Towns and Destinations in and around Dublin
DublinTourist.com has prepared a comprehensive Guide to the City Centre.
South County Dublin
South County is most
of Dublin County that is south of the River Liffey. In this scenic area, you
will find Dun Laoghaire, Dalkey,
Bray, the Dublin Mountains, Killiney, Blackrock, and Dundrum.
The major attractions in this area include Drimnagh Castle, the James Joyce
Museum, St. Enda's: the Pearse Museum, the National Maritime Museum. The area
is easily accessible through the excellent Dart and bus service. It is also
home to many distinguished people and famous celebreties. More Information about
South County Dublin.
South Dublin City
The South City is
located south of the River Liffey, east of the M50 ring road, and encompasses
Dublin's attractive inner suburbs. It is home to many embassies,
fine hotels, restaurants, and houses. Among the main attractions are Kilmainham
Gaol, the Shaw Birthplace, the Waterways Visitor Centre, the Irish Museum
of Modern Art, and the National Print Museum.
North County is all
of Dublin that is outside the M50 ring road and within the boundaries of Co.
Dublin, and includes Howth, Ardgillan
Demesne, Malahide, Balbriggan,
Rush & Lusk, Skerries,
Dublin Airport, and Castleknock, and many other places.
It is home to many fine sandy beaches, country walks, exquisite homes, and a
large selection of golf courses. This area is extremely accessible because it
is home to Dublin Airport, and a good rail service. Accommodation for all tastes
and budgets can be found in this beautiful, scenic area. More Information about
North County Dublin.
The North City extends
north of the canals to just within the M50 ring road, encompassing Bull
Island, Casino Marino, the Phoenix Park, Castleknock,
Clontarf, and many other popular tourist spots. This
area also houses many fine examples of Georgian architecture and is easily
accessible from Dublin Airport, and Dublin Port. The accommodation in this
area will suit tastes and budgets for all.
Return to DublinTourist.com
Complete List of Towns and Areas in Dublin:
- Balbriggan - Balbriggan, a sea-side town located 32km (20mi) north of Dublin City Centre in North County Dublin. ...
- Belfield - Belfield is home to the campus of University College Dublin....
- Bishop Street
- Capel Street Area
- Castleknock - Castleknock, Co. Dublin, is a village on the Dublin-Navan, road, at the edge of the Phoenix Park. It...
- Clanbrassil Street Area
- Clontarf - Clontarf (Cluain Tarbh), Co. Dublin, is a seaside suburb on the Dublin 3km (2m) -Howth 11km (7m) roa...
- Dalkey - Dalkey is a coastal suburb and resort located 13km (8 miles) south-east of Dublin City Centre.
- Dame St-Georges St
- Dolphin's Barn
- Dublin Airport
- Dun Laoghaire - Dun Laoghaire is a beautiful seaside town, located just 13km (8miles) south-east of Dublin City Cent...
- East Wall
- Gardiner St. / Amiens St.
- Grafton Street / South William Street Area
- Grand Canal
- Grand Canal Dock
- Harcourt St-Camden St-Wexford St
- Harold's Cross
- Howth - Howth (rhymes with both), is a fishing and yachting port, and popular suburban resort on the north s...
- Irelands Eye
- James St Area
- Kings Inns
- Liffey Valley
- Malahide - Malahide is a pretty town in County Dublin located 16km (10mi) north of Dublin City Centre. The...
- Merrion Square - Merrion Square is one of Dublin's largest and grandest Georgian squares. On three sides are Georgia...
- Mount Merrion
- Naas Road
- Newlands Cross
- North Strand
- North Wall
- O'Connell Street Area
- Phoenix Park - This is Dublin's playground - the largest urban enclosed park in Europe, with a Circumference of 11k...
- Quays Towards Heuston
- Rush and Lusk - Lusk
Lusk is charming little village located 23Km (14mi) north of Dublin City Centre. Features incl...
- Sheriff Street
- Skerries - Skerries is another of North County Dublin’s sea-side towns located 31km (19mi) north of Dubli...
- Stephens Green Area
- Strawberry Beds
- St Margarets
- Temple Bar - Some of Dublin's best night spots, restaurants and unusual shops line these narrow, cobbled streets ...
- The Coombe
- The Ward - The Ward is an area in North County Dublin, near the border with County Meath, just off the N2 route...
- Trinity College Area
- Windy Arbour